On April 30th 2019, the process for collecting applications for the SDG Pioneer Italy 2019 closes. The SDG Pioneer Italy is the local round of the SDG Pioneers campaign promoted by UN Global Compact to recognize the national Pioneer who distinguished himself for his commitment in his daily work in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
The campaign this year and for the first time is targeting at the Young Professionals under the age of 36 working in an Italian company who participate in the UN Global Compact, enhancing their contribution towards sustainability and the promotion and advancement of SDGs in line with the UNGC10 Principles.
From the beginning of May, the Global Compact Network Italy (GCNI) will start the evaluation process of the applications received which will lead to the recognition of the SDG Pioneer Italy. The first phase of the process will be managed by an Evaluation Committee internal to the GCNI which will select the Top 5 applications from all those received from the Italian companies participating in the United Nations Global Compact.
These Top 5 applications will then be evaluated by an External Committee of Experts composed, following the instructions of UNGC, of:
- Marco Frey, Ergo Srl and Alessandro Beda, Fondazione Sodalitas for the GCNI Board;
- Chiara Mio, Ca’ Foscari University for academia;
- Sergio Mercuri, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation for Institution;
- Luca Burinato, AMREF for civil society;
- a representative of the ICT-ILO for the UN system.
The Committee will base its evaluation considering the following criteria defined by UNGC:
- contributing to the success of his company;
- fostering innovation in support of the SDGs;
- engaging with the company's stakeholders;
- committing in the implementation of the 10 Principles of the Global Compact and achieving the SDGs;
- collaborating with UN GC and GCNI.
The SDG Pioneer Italy will be announced within the beginning of the summer to allow him/her to participate in the SDG Pioneers global round. The award ceremony will take place at the Salone della CSR e dell’Innovazione Sociale in Milan on the 1st and 2nd of October.