"Markets can flourish only in societies that are healthy.
And societies need healthy markets to flourish."
(Ban Ki-Moon - Secretary General, United Nations)
The United Nations Global Compact is the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative.
The UN Global Compact convenes more than 17,000 companies, based in over 160 countries. Among them, over 500 are Italian.
Companies participating in the UN Global Compact are committed to progress constantly on the Ten UN Global Compact Principles on human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, as well as on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
WHY JOINING THE UN GLOBAL COMPACT:
Benefits of joining:
- increase the company’s expertise in order to face some of the most pressing global challenges, such as climate change and gender equality, and have a major impact on specific goals
- accelerate ambitious initiatives and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals
- understand the financial needs and promote the capital access
- measure your progress and communicate it to your stakeholders
- share and enhance your commitment towards sustainability
- engage with other member companies and national and international business experts
- build partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING THE INITIATIVE?
Learn more about the financial and disclosure commitment required to member companies.
You can read here which are the steps towards joining the UN Global Compact.
All Italian companies participating in the UN Global Compact can apply to become a “Founder Members” of UNGCN Italy, thus also playing a role at the local network governance level. Find out how.
DO YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Get in touch with the UN Global Compact Network Italy team!
In addition to businesses, cities and PA, NGOs and civil society organizations, academic institutions and business associations, are all invited to join us in shaping a sustainable future.