The UN Working Group on "Business and Human Rights" convened the IV Annual Forum of the United Nations on “Business and Human Rights” to take stock of the current challenges and discuss ways for a broader, more effective implementation of the “UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights”. The Forum focused on the following points:
- strengthening of dialogue and multi-stakeholder involvement
- measuring and reporting on Human Rights
- discussion of the National Action Plans for the implementation of the "Guiding Principles"
- exploration of new access procedures for lodging appeals
- identification of good practices implemented by states and companies
The Forum was held in Geneva (Switzerland) at the Palais des Nations from 16th to 18th November 2015.
The Global Compact Network Italy Foundation participated in the Forum with the dual aim of further analysing the latest developments on issues registered at international level and of contributing to the work based on the experience reported at national level, also considering the activities plan which is being implemented by the “Business and Human Rights” Working Group active within the Foundation.
To view the full program of the Geneva Forum, click here